- Parts included with your stand-in kit: stand-in folding cabinet support shelf, adjustable pole with stabilizer foot.
- Lock the stand-in cabinet support shelf into 90-degree position.
- Check twist lock pins on stand-in cabinet support shelf to insure they are fully locked in position.
- Insert pole into hole of center support of stand-in cabinet support shelf
- Extend adjustable pole to required height; be sure to check that pin is locked into place on adjustable pole. Pole is adjustable for different cabinet heights. Depressing the button on the adjustable pole and sliding the inner pole up or down and locking into next position hole can accomplish this.
- Flip stabilizer foot down to hold stand-in into position, stabilizer foot is a rubber-tipped shoe that rests on the floor and can fold up or down usually with your foot. Stabilizer foot is designed to rest at a 90-degree angle to wall.
- Place stand-in against wall at desired bottom height of cabinet, typically 54″ off floor on a standard cabinet. Place 18″arm of the stand-in against wall so 13″ arm becomes the platform to set cabinet on. Make sure that the pole of the stand in is at approximately 20-degree angle to wall.
- 2 stand-ins are required for installation of upper cabinets, repeat process for 2nd stand in.
- Do not exceed 40 lbs. on stand-in.
- Place cabinet on stand-in and adjust height and level of cabinet by bumping the pole at the bottom near the stabilizer foot in toward wall. Caution do this gently.
- Caution: never bump pole away from wall to lower cabinet as this may cause cabinet to fall and result in damage to cabinets or injury to installer
- Do not stand on the stand-in
- When installing upper cabinets there is inherent risk of injury to installer or damage to cabinetry, floors and walls from falling cabinets if these instructions are not followed expressly.